A substance which stimulates the growth of microorganisms, especially those with beneficial properties particularly those of the intestinal flora.
- When “Good” bacteria in body are reduced by taking antibiotics, Probiotics can help replace them.
- They can balance “good” and “bad” bacteria to keep your body working the way it should.
- Probiotics help send food through your gut by affecting nerves that control gut movement.
Diseases treated by Probiotics are;
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Infectious diarrhea caused by viruses, bacteria, or parasites
- Diarrhea caused by antibiotics
- Oral health